My Sisters' Place 2009 Biennial Reports
$.87 of every dollar is directly devoted to programs. Below are some other metrics that may be useful. In the past year the following results were achieved:
- Clients achieved residential stability with 86% paying their occupancy fees, 86% regularly paying their electric and telephone bills and 80% remaining in permanent housing for at least a year.
- Clients increased their skills and income. 75% completed a job skills training program, 94% found employment within six months of starting the program and 75% completed their G.E.D course or received a high school diploma.
- Of those who were separated from their children by Child Welfare authorities, 100% were reunited with their children. One hundred percent (100%) of clients who identified personal goals made progress on them within three months; and 94% of those who were in recovery for alcohol or drug addiction continued their recovery program.
Download last years
2009 My Sisters' Place Annual Report
In Fiscal Year 2009 MSP served the following numbers of clients through direct service and fiduciary programs.
|DIRECT SERVICE PROGRAMS
|Rapid Re Pilot
|Local Bed Pilot
|Local Bed DDF
Key Operating Results:
In Fiscal Year 2009 66 children lived at TLP and participated in MSP's For the Love of Children Initiative programs.
As a result of the recreation and enrichment activities we have observed:
- Consistent and improved behavior and self-management
- Positive interactions with male role models
- Improved social skills
As a result of the mentoring program the children in our care showed:
- Improve school attendance
- Improved reading and math skills
- Improved school performance
- Improved computer literacy
As a result of the mental health program:
- Consistently improved behavior
- Increased ability to express needs and concerns in a productive manner
- Improved school attendance and performance
- Improved parent/child communication/cooperation